I can not create any 3D piece

Everytime I try to create a piece with an extrusion the program gets stuck and and tell me there is an error, then solid edge closes itself, the problem it gives me anytime is in the document above. I would really appreciate your help, by the way I am working with the student version of solid edge ST8 and using windows 10

6 REPLIES

Re: I can not create any 3D piece

[ Edited ]

I'm still on Windows 7, but I think the support for windows 10 came with a SP for SE.

So I suggest you to install the latest SP and try again.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

Betreff: I can not create any 3D piece

Hi,

as Joris already mentioned.

As told by Your crashlog.txt there is no Maintenance Pack installed on Your system.

Solid Edge ST8 is certified for Win 10 with MP3 or higher.

Current MP is MP7.

So try to get this, install it and test wether this can help.

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

Hi there @Julian_olmos,

As others have said, ST8 was released prior to Windows 10 being released, and support for that version of the Windows OS was made available to maintenance paying customers only, by way of an Solid Edge "Maintenance Patch". There is no "MP" directly available for Student Edition users [outside of the faculty].....hopefully Siemens update the actual application for download, to cure this ongoing issue.

Possibly, it may also be that your computer is not adequate enough to run Solid Edge, in terms of system graphics demands.

Furthermore, you should also post your questions to the dedicated forum for Student Edition >page link here< , to get you questions in front of the correct admin's to assist, over and above what other users may offer.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

SeanCresswell wrote:

Hi there @Julian_olmos,

There is no "MP" available for Student Edition users.

Unbelievable!

So this is how Siemens thinks to achieve a happy student?

The upcoming customers?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

The University provided us with an Activator and the MP5 and I already installed both and the problem kepps happening

Your problem is most likely the Radeo 8250 graphics card. This is NOT supported by Solid Edge.

Try setting your Solid Edge Options, View, Application Display to Software driven.

This may well solve your problem.

Cheers

Mark Fort