I can not sketch anything on 3D body

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have created a 3D body and I try to make a parallel plane on XY plane to make further drawing on the 3D body. However after I exit the sketch view, my sketch disappears but it is visible in the tree and when I click on the e.g Sketch XX, it highlights the sketch on the 3D body.  When I try to sketch in other planes, I faced with the same problem so it is not just the parallel plane.

6 REPLIES

Betreff: I can not sketch anything on 3D body

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

there are two assumptions I can make:

• it has to do with Your graphics card which is running into problems after a certain time
    Save the part, close Solid Edge and start it new.
    What's then?
  • the sketch is lying on the base plane which is below the body and therefore it is not visible from top view.
    Can You move the view a little to see wether it is seen then?

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

A video may make it clearer what's going on.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @bshand

Yes it would make it a lot easier to see where You are working, how You opend the specific part (suppose from assembly with inplace activate) and more.

Maybe You can provide it @Aeroeng to give us better idea what You can do.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: I can not sketch anything on 3D body

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I agree with Vid card issues. Once the vid card is out of gas, you are best off rebooting the machine. I use a K4200 and it can "run out of gas" anywhere to between 1 to 5 hours depending on what I am doing. The most recent windows update and running on ST4 has made it so that some days I no longer need to reboot.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Problem was the video card I think. when I closed and reopened the design, problem has no longer existed. Thanks.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

great to hear,  that everything work s fine again.

BTW: which graphics card are You using?

regards
Wolfgang