I can't print

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

All of a sudden, I can't print from Solid Edge (ST9, Update MP6). I can print from every other program but Solid Edge. In Draft, when I go to Print settings, it locks up. Has anyone else had this problem or know of how to fix this?

Regards

Peter

9 REPLIES

Re: I can't print

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

First step: reboot

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Already tried that....several times....

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, good. But I had to say it since you didn't stipulate steps taken so far.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am wondering about copying one of my co-workers printer drivers folder into my ST9 directory.....but not that desperate yet....

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you remove and reinstall the driver? Bet you did...

Wait. What do you mean "into my ST9 directory"? A driver wouldn't typically go there.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

yes, did that too. The weird thing is that the server for the copier printer had to get changed. The HP plotter did not use that server, but if we wanted 8.5" x 11", or 11 x17 then we went to the copier printer, then we went through that server. For some reason, the other guys in the office can print, but I cannot....

Maybe I will put them to work and they will have to do all my printing now!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is a PrinterDrivers folder in my ST9 directory...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If the driver is on the server wouldn't you just right click on the printer driver icon on the server and click "connect" which then puts a local version of it on your machine?

The driver folder under SE on the C: drive are just some supplied by Siemens, all postscript related apparently. Used for what IDK. Frankly I've never paid them any attention.

Bruce Shand

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

check this registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 109\PrefSets\PrintPrefs

and if key  "PrinterName" is pointing to the correct print server, or in cmd :

reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 109\PrefSets\PrintPrefs" /v PrinterName