Solved! Go to solution

I can't seem to extrude cut, Can you help?

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I can't seem to cut out a shape on a 3d object using extrude cut. It doesn't seem to work. It is doing the opposite of cutting the object, Can anyone help? I have attached a screen shot to this message, you can see it extrude but not cut. Thanks, I would really appreciate your help.

8 REPLIES

Re: I can't seem to extrude cut, Can you help?

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

On the ribbon bar, once you have selected your region [in Synchronous], the system defaults to "Automatic" to which method it thinks you may want to do...there is a override button for this, look for the "+/-". [Add / Cut]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi Sean

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. But I have been doing what you said, but it is still not working. I click on the +/- button on the ribbon, I select the - button, try to drag it down and it extrudes on the bottom side of the piece. I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks

It's not clear from your image, but actually appears like it is working....maybe you just need to alter the extent to be "Through All", if that is your intended outcome of course. [see my video]

(view in My Videos)

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Hi.

I have been trying to do exactly what you have shown for like 2 hours, but it doesn't seem to work. I have done this many times before (as shown in the part) but for some reason it is not working now. Do you think there is something wrong with the computer? I have attached a screen shot of what keeps on happening. Is there some way I could send the part to an individual who can just extrude cut the 2 shapes for me?

Thanks for you help.

[ Edited ]

You can upload the part file directly on here.....hopefully it's not created on Student Edition of Solid Edge, as commercial versions can not open those files....but upload it anyway , so someone can take a look. [I will also, when I finish work]

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Hi, I have attached the part which needs to have the 2 diagonal shapes cut out, One of them has been extruded by accident.

If you could help extrude cut, I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ravi7773333
‎10-12-2015 01:27 AM

Hi there,

OK, I see why you were struggling....the part had been toggled to contruction, so I right clicked on the pathfinder listing "Face Set" and selected "Toggle Design/Construction to switch it back, the then it all performs as expected.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Thanks Sean

Much appreciated.