If I have multiple assemblies, can I get bill of material for all the assemblies.

Pioneer
Pioneer

If I have multiple assemblies consist of multiple subassemblies is it possible that I can count quantity of any part easily?

7 REPLIES

Manojsonje22, What product, NX or SolidEdge? I'm goin...

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

1. Create a temp top assembly (it does not matter the sizes of assembly), and add all the major assemblies into it, and load no components, pack all, export assembly into spreadsheet, usage of spreadsheet to compile all similar components
  2. From each major assembly, export components into spreadsheet, usage of spread sheet to compile the results
  3. Create a parts list (drawing is not required). Then select the part list, mb3, export.

exportTable.png

And if the option, “file” is used with the comma between columns and the file name extension is set as .csv the output opens nicely in MS Excel.

exportTable.png

- - - -
Jerry Sarfati
Siemens PLM Software

Re: Manojsonje22, What product, NX or SolidEdge? I'm goin...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Its SolidEdge ST6. 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Manoj,

I'm going to move this to the SolidEdge forum.

Jerry

- - - -
Jerry Sarfati
Siemens PLM Software

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

Create a Part list table indraft

Then look at the properties of the part list. You will find a tab named  list control, you will find what you are looikng for.

Start exploring with this and see where it lead you.

If you assemblies are not under a main assembly, you can create report from windows explorer, and merge them in excel using the copy command in report.

Update....

If you are looking for one shoot deal count, select the component  while working in the top level assembly.

Then use from the select tool group - select identical -  command

Check the status bar, it will gave you the total select item, since they are identical, it will give you the total count for that particular component.

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you for your answers. but what I am looking is, the command "where used" tells me where a perticular part is used but Can I get information how many times it is used?

So that I will know in my entire project I need 10 Y parts, 15 X parts etc.

thats what I am looking for. sorry for any confusion!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The only way to do this is to use the Assembly Reports and the Atomic Parts list option.  If you have several top level assemblies, create a collector assembly and add them all to it then run the report from there.  You can not get that information from the where used report as that is not what it is meant for.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10