Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import dimension style

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In Solid Edge draft, Is there a way to copy a dimension style from one draft file to another, or to import the dimension style?

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: Import dimension style

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @kjm

Yes, just look for Style Organizer under the View tab - Styles

Using this allows You to copy any Format Style (Dimension, View, Fill, Htch, etc.) from one file to another.

PS.: I would recommend, to always copy and hold Your styles in Your Material.mtl file (material database) since this is seen as to be the storage for all of them.

20180418_152949.png

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, One reason I don't like the material.mtl file as a template for dimension styles is that since the mtl file is equivalent to a part using it to copy styles to a dft or from dft to mtl is that dimension colors are different in draft than model files. So doing so messes up dimension color settings. So I use our model and draft templates instead of material.mtl. Plus material.mtl is just an extra file to maintain.

Is there a setting somewhere, registry I imagine, that controls what file shows up in style organizer?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
Highlighted

Hi @bshand

my first thoughts were that this always will be the last file You have defined (used) and therefore it should be in the Current User Registry, but - as always there is a but -  this is not the case.

This setting only is kept in the current session but not seved into the registry.

So next time You will start SE again You will see the material.mtl as reference file.

Only You can do at the moment is, to accept that, use the material.mtl or let's create an ER for it

regards
Wolfgang