Solved! Go to solution

Importing multiple .prt files into Solid Edge.

We have a cache of more than 500 .prt files in a folder. I have figured out how to open them up in Solid Edge but to go through 500 files one by one is quite cumbersome. I tried using the Data Migration software, but I think I have to have ProE installed on at least one computer on our network in order to take advantage of that feature. Is there another way to convert multiple .prt files into Solid Edge documents without having to do it one by one? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES

Re: Importing multiple .prt files into Solid Edge.

You could try Batch.exe in the Custom folder.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

You can use the Batch.exe application located in your
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge STX\Custom\Batch\Bin
directory.

I tried this, and it looked promising, but it gives me an error message and kicks me out of Solid Edge after I tried to convert five files at a time as a test.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edge_USer77
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Several of the translators have standalone programs in the Solid Edge "Program" folder.  Look for "seProE.exe".  Running this will produce a form that lets you choose files to translate to X_T (Parasolid).  Then you should be able to use the Batch app to translate again from X_T to SE.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

It took me a bit to realize that the program created an import folder and saves the files as parasolids. But now that I have it down it works great. Thanks! You have saved me countless hours of modelling some very complex parts.

Hi,

Ken's solution is great. Smiley Happy

But If you would like to use Batch.exe from custom folder you have to rename pro-e file extensions from .prt to .prt.1 and from .asm to .asm.1. You can use a file manager for this, I suggest using Total Commander, because you can use batch renaming. 

Here is a video about process:

I hope this help!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/