In ST5, how can I print a .dft to pdf so that a "shaded with edges" dwg view appears in color?

In ST5, how can I print a .dft to pdf so that a "shaded with edges" dwg view appears in color? Simply selecting "color" in the adobe pdf printer properties doesn't seem to work. I've also played around with the Properties > Advanced Document Settings > ICM settings and the Document Properties > Default Settings dropdown options, but haven't been unsuccessful.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Hi there,   Check in the options dialogue box, that you d...

Hi there,

Check in the options dialogue box, that you don't have a check in the box for "Save All Colors As Black"....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Hi there,   Check in the options dialogue box, that you d...

SeanCresswell,

Thanks for the reply.

The text color of our drawings are typically colored in order to make editing that much simpler and clearer for our drafters. We use the "Print all colors as black..." box to make text and drawn lines appear black when printing to make the document appear cleaner.

Just for the fun of it, I did try unchecking this box to see what would happen, but the text remained colored while the drawing view remained a black and white (unshaded) appearance.

Point of Interest:

We did find a solution by selecting the Save As > Save As Translated option, which saves the active document as a non-solid edge document.
But this feature takes a very long time to save, as well as to open and navigate through the pdf doc... hence this post.

[ Edited ]

Ahhh, I just read your post fully [it's not black, as such, it's just NOT saving as shaded, as is in the draft]....I think in ST5 [no such problem in ST6] I was still using the registry edit to correct this. I typically use the print option provided by Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Are you aware of the registry edit method, and comfortable with this type of system mod?

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

I am familiar with Windows regedit and feel comfortable navigating through it and modifying it. I'd be interested to learn how this can help.

Are you on active maintence, so as to have access to the BBS forums?

Thread is here....
https://bbs.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44515&highlight=PDF+s...
Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

I don't have access to that bulletin, could you copy the info to this thread?

Here you go.....[thanks to Bob Henry]

>>this post was written to suit ST3, so the key address needs to for your version...so ST5 = "Version 105"<<

---------------------
Insert the following key into the registry below this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version
103\DEBUG
Name = PrinterPlgBlt
Type = DWORD
Value = 1

Standard warning regarding the registry applies here. Don't do this if you
are not comfortable working in the registry.
--------------------
Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

I added the key to the registry and rebooted by pc. So far, nothing has changed. Am I missing a printer properties setting or something?

Current relevant default printer properties settings:
Adobe PDF Settings >
Default Settings - Standard
Paper/Quality >
Color - Color
Advanced Options >
Graphic Print Quality - 1200dpi
ICM Method - ICM Disabled
ICM Intent - Pictures

I've played around with all of these settings as well as the Solid Edge Options, but with no luck.