Reply

Insight folder problems after ST6 install

Anyone having a problems creating folders and sub-folders in the (managed) insight environment after installing ST6?

 

Microsoft is saying the the installing ST6 corrupted the insight share point data base.  Microsoft has fixed the problem to the point that we can create new folder now through the share point browser.  Inside of SE or explorer still a no go.

 

 

6 REPLIES

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

Since this got a few views I wanted to follow up. 

The problem did not occur because of the ST6 install at all.  Seems that was just bad timing.  When we did a backup restore from just prior prior to the install the problem was already there.

 

We are still working with Microsoft on a share point solution,  what a nightmare.

 

 

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

We are having an issue where our Search indexing only complete 60% and then hangs.  Screws up where used as the search service keeps crashing.  Working with MS also, but they are so slow...

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

Hello Ken,

Have you tried this possible solution yet?

• The Sharepoint Search Service Application crawl taking too long
• Symptom
• ---------------
The Search Service Application crawl on the Sharepoint server is taking days to
complete, after installing Insight Server and configuring the Insight Search.

• Hardware/Software Configuration
• Platform: INTEL
OS: WINDOW
OS Version: 2008_R2

Family: SOLID_EDGE
Application: DOC_MANAGEMENT
Function: INSIGHT
Subfunction: OTHER
Release: ST5

• Solution
• This problem is occurring because Sharepoint 2010 Server comes configured to
crawl .asm files. This is obviously not a Solid Edge assembly file. The IIS
Mime/Types had .asm files defined as “text/plain”. Change the definition
to “application/octet-stream” and the crawl should complete in a timely manner.

Kind regards,
Theodore

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

I sure hope this is the answer.  I changed the mime type and issue a iisreset.  Is there anything else to do or should indexing resume without resetting the index?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

Theodore, you are awesome!  I've talked to GTAC and they had no idea, and I've had a ticket open with MS support for over a week and all they did was keep checking configuration and have me send ULS logs with no reply.

 

Indexing is moving along again like a champ.  Strange thing is this worked for a couple months with no issue and then hung during an incremental on 12/23. Noticed it on 1/6 and have been trying to figure it out since then.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Re: Insight folder problems after ST6 install

Hello Ken,

I am very glad it is working because I wasn't sure it would. Our VAR sent me some of these FAQ's last year September, after we went from Insight to SESP. So I almost forgot about them, I just happen to stumble apon this discussion. It is just strange that GTAC don't always know about their own solutions.

Regards,
Theodore