Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Insight server recommended hardware

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

They do have SSD storage for servers... Quite expensive, but it's there.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

I was wondering the same thing.  Between Solid Edge SharePoint and the new ST9 "unmanaged" data management tools, Insight is kind of "between a rock and a hard place".

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

There are some good things about Insight you can't do with the new tool like you can do a where used and then a replace or revise or rename and update all assemblies using a part and log in security.

@mrye, I was wondering about that. In other words the "control" over the database and restricted access to certain functions. Seems like some of the things you mention could be done with Revision Manager (or Design Mgr in ST9). But is there anything like Insight's lifecycle functions which restricts release and write access to released files to certain user(s) and emulates Sharepoint's site permissions? Is that what you mean by "log in security"?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
Highlighted

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi, Bruce, yes, by permissions I mean that with Insight, you have to have a login to access the data - your Windows username is passed to SharePoint and you can set permissions on what data the user can see and what they can do with it (read only or read/write).  Also, there are the groups EngChange and DocControl that allow you to control who can revise or fix something that got released with a typo or something that you don't want to revise to fix.

Madison Rye - Ally PLM

Madison,

Thanks. Those things are what I was getting at.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200