Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Install free 2D

Not applicable
HA! Thank you, man do I feel stupid now.

I was trying to install for a remote user. I just had him try locally and said it works fine...sheesh. Thanks again!

~Chris

Not applicable
I have tried to install the free 2D ST4 and have the same problem but i am installing from same machine.

Not applicable
SE Free2d Having trouble with Licence validation **Try this Fix**

I had problems installing the new ST4 with licence validation, the answer I figured out was to
:
1: uninstall it if you have already installed ST4 2D
2: turn off User Account Control
3: Make sure your install file is on a drive on your computer, not a shared network drive
4: Right click install file "SE2DDraftV104ENGLISH.exe" and run as Administrator
5: After install and run turn on User Account Control

It work for me hope it works for

Mikew

Not applicable
SE Free2d Having trouble with Licence validation **Try this Fix**

I had problems installing the new ST4 with licence validation, the answer I figured out was to
:
1: uninstall it if you have already installed ST4 2D
2: turn off User Account Control
3: Make sure your install file is on a drive on your computer, not a shared network drive
4: Right click install file "SE2DDraftV104ENGLISH.exe" and run as Administrator
5: After install and run turn on User Account Control

It work for me hope it works for

Mikew

Quick question about User Account Control: Is that a Windows thing or something in the ST4 installer? Exactly where do you go to turn off/on UAC?

Not applicable
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the new license file and extracted directly to the program folder and still receive the "Solid Edge 2D Drafting could not find a valid license"

Contents of the license file

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting sedemon 103.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
8BA5960CAE06 HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Is this your first time to download and install the software? What operating system are you running?

Regards,
Rick B.

Creator
Creator
I am also having the same problem as well. We have 2 seat of solidedge shared among 6 engineers and in the event of viewing and editing of 2D drawing, we will run a batch file to "change" the license from "3D" to 2D free drafting to free up the "3D" license. Check the batch file and also tried replacing the license file manually using the license utility but end up having the same issue as per describe above.

We tried on all 6 machine and it seem to be giving the same problem. With ST to ST3, changing of license file from "3D" to 2D free drafting is possible.

Content of license file is as follow:

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting sedemon 103.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
8BA5960CAE06 HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS

Some queries I do not understand about is since its already ST4, why is the license file header still maintaining at 103.0, shouldn't it be 104.0 instead?

Siemens Phenom
So you have Solid Edge ST4 installed and are dropping in a free Solid Edge 2D Drafting license. Correct?

The free Solid Edge 2D Drafting license is not intended to be used as a license with a Solid Edge installation. You should be using a Solid Edge 2D Drafting Maintenance license. License feature is 'solidedge2ddraftingm'.

The license update is a ST3 and before license update. There were license changes with ST4 that makes ST3 and before licenses incompatible with ST4 and after. Once we release ST5, we will provide an ST3 and before and an ST4 and after license update.

Keep in mind that the ST4 license is built into the installation of free 2D Drafting ST4. Therefore we do not provide a license update for ST4. It is not out of date.

Regards,
Rick B.

Not applicable
Installed on a server (WHS2011) and logging into the server by RDP as Administrator to install and run, the installation went OK, but I do have the licence issue.

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 104.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS SIGN="19F2 0C7A F681 269F BCD0 E0E7 \
669A 979B 2498 DE77 542D 952C 9252 62CA 53DA 020F 8522 C9F4 \
8777 6394 5BF1 50DF 1C6A 3594 4E71 951F 0F07 184D A5A0 DBFD"

Does this mean that I have to be sat at the server to use this?

Siemens Phenom
I'll ask again.
What software do you have installed on the machine?
Solid Edge or Solid Edge 2D Drafting?

Regards,
Rick B.