Re: Install free 2D

Not applicable
i have not receivd 2d free yet?

Not applicable
have not received 2d free.

Not applicable
You have to download it. They don't send it to you.

Creator
Creator
My problem was solved by simplying downloading the full Solidedge 2d drafting instead of just the license file. Pretty darn dumb I would say. My setup is that there are 2 full "3D" solidedge ST4 shared among the engineers and in the event where they only need to view the 2d drawing, a batch file will replace the license to the free "2d" one so that we can minimise usage on the "3D" license. But the 2D license file download is only meant for ST3 and for us who is using the ST4, we have to download the full solidedge 2d, install it, extract the license? Why can't just provide the ST4 2d drafting license straight up instead?

Furthermore, I was somehow hoping that with the new change in the flexlm license manager, we would finally have the TIMEOUTALL function but sad to say it is not...

Not applicable
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the whole package named SE2DDraftV104ENGLISH.exe
Installed it and receive the "Solid Edge 2D Drafting could not find a valid license" dialog.

My machine is an Win XP sp3 with Windows XP Mode on a Win7 32bit. The installer was run on drive C of the virtual machine itself. The installation went fine, the whole program was installed succesfully. The SElicense.dat file was placed during the installation to the c:\Program Files\Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4\Program\ folder.

Contents of the license file

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 104.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS SIGN="19F2 0C7A F681 269F BCD0 E0E7 \
669A 979B 2498 DE77 542D 952C 9252 62CA 53DA 020F 8522 C9F4 \
8777 6394 5BF1 50DF 1C6A 3594 4E71 951F 0F07 184D A5A0 DBFD"

What could be the problem. Please help. Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
You mention in your post 'virtual machine'. Are you installing and running remotely. It is not set up to do that. You must install and run locally.

Rick B.

Not applicable
Thank you for the reply.
No, I do not run it remotely.
It is a full XP system. I installed other programs there, locally, and run them there locally.
Programs like Total Commander, PdfFill PDF editor, and also Solid Edge 2D drafting ST4.

Zoli

Not applicable
If I am understanding qiuquan's post above, on ST3 and prior, one computer could open 3D or 2D Free just by changing a license file. Is that correct? And now on ST4, that option was removed?
I think it would be a great win-win for both users and Siemens if Siemens developed a version of Solidedge 3D that had 2D Free built in. A user could download the full 3D version, and after starting solidedge, would choose from the list of modules (so it would go, part, sheetmetal, etc., assembly, drafting) and then 2D Free. Thus, if the user clicked 2D free, it would use the local 2D Free license file, whereas if they clicked any 3D module above, it would look for a purchased 3D license from FlemLM. The benefit to Siemens would be that the transition from 2D to 3D would be more enticing and seamless. You could also easily offer trials periodically that unlock the 3D version for a few days. I'm sure I am speaking for many people with this request. Also, I am sure that Siemens has already thought about this and has either decided against it or the technology to make this happen isn't there or secure enough! Any comment from Siemens?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
This post is for Solid Edge users who are also using 2D Drafting.

There are 2 versions of 2D Drafting.
First, there is the free version that is downloaded from the web site. The license for this version is NOT intended to be inserted into a Solid Edge installation. The license updates we provide on the web are intended to be used by installations of the free Solid Edge 2D Drafting installation only.

There was a Solid Edge license change from ST3 to ST4 that makes the licenses between ST3 and ST4 incompatible . This impacts both Solid Edge and Solid Edge 2D Drafting licenses because the license format is the same. The license we provide on the Free 2D web site is an update for Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST3 and before users who do not wish to update the software at this time. They can get the license update and continue to use their current version. The license we provide in Solid Edge 2D Drafing ST4 is the ST4 license. The license is applied when you install Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4. There is no need for an update to this license because it does not expire until 2013.

Second, there is a specific license that is used by a Solid Edge installation that makes Solid Edge run as Solid Edge 2D Drafting. Solid Edge users benefit from this license because the API still works. You can 2D Drafting in a file managed workflow. You get maintenance pack updates because it is a Solid Edge installation. You also get GTAC support with this license. This license must be obtained from your reseller. It is still free, but carries a small maintenance charge.

Regards,
Ricky Black

Not applicable
Dear Rick,

Do you have any idea how to solve my problem?
I'm still unable to use Solid Edge 2D drafting ST4 since it does not recognize the SElicense.dat file which was installed by the program itself.

Thank you
Zoli