Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everybody, I downloaded new academic solid edge version. When I tried to install the program appeared "Filed Corrupt" message. What do I should do to finish the installation?

Thanks for your help!

10 REPLIES

Re: Installation Error

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

The most common cause for this, is an incomplete download....in which case, your only way forward, is to re-download the program.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, thank you so much. That really helped me.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I got the solid edge st8 but it says. It already has a product runing wich i couldn't find please help 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Already running or already installed?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi by mistake I first installed st4 32 bit ...but my computer is 64 ...i coundn't find a way to uninstall .but i delited the complet folder and cause the installation had error .now i got st8 ...it says there is a related program already Installed .uninstall that for the setup to continue  . 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Whenever you need to uninstall any software you should always try to use the Windows "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove programs" function to do this and *not* simply delete the software folders manually.

However, we should be able to recover from this and get the system cleaned up so that you can install ST8.

At this point, please use the following procedure to manually uninstall and clean-up Solid Edge software:

1. Uninstall the Solid Edge software using the Windows "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove programs" function.

1. Manually delete the Solid Edge install program folders, typically found in "C:\Program Files".

1. Manually delete the Solid Edge user preference folder "%APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions" (you can either type "%APPDATA%" into the Windows Explorer address bar to get there quickly or you can manually walk the folder strucutre to "C:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Roaming").

1. Using regedit, manually clean up the registry by deleting any Solid Edge registries in the following locations:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Unigraphics Solutions

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Unigraphics Solutions

NOTE!  There may be other Siemens PLM software installed under the "Unigraphics Solutions" registry locations.  Take care to not delete these entries and only remove Solid Edge related entries.

1. Reboot the workstation.

1. Attempt to reinstall the software again.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I will try .I appreciate that .I tried in control panel I couldn't find
that's why I have to do manually. But thank you very much for your help. I
will try and let you know.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've had the same error message today: "File corrupt."

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

"File corrupt" errors indicate failed downloads.  You will need to download the Solid Edge setup again - perhaps on a more robust network (maybe wired network instead of wireless?).