Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear all,

I have tried installing Solid Edge TS8 for more than a week now!

The installation process gets terminated before the successful installation is completed and a rollback procedure is carried out. I get ERROR 1935.

I get the following message:

Installation ScreenShot.jpg

I have read several forums on the web. Apparently this is a common problem during the installation of software packages and can be caused by corrupted Windows files. Has anyone solved this problem?

It is anoying this is preventing the possibility to use Solid Egde.

Regards,

Carmelo

7 REPLIES

Re: Installation error

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there Carmelo,

Without more details about your system configuration, it is difficult to say precicely.....but it could be that you actually do not have some base operating system files required by Solid Edge.

~~~My first guess is this, from the ST8 "Read Me" file~~~

Solid Edge requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Solid Edge setup.exe automatically installs the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework, if it does not exist on the machine. The msiexec utility, commonly used for silent install, will not install or update the .NET Framework. This will need to be done manually.

On Windows 8, your machine needs to be connected to the internet to install .NET Framework 3.5.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.

My configuration is Windows 7 64b with Service pack 1.

I have the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework installed. I also tried to uninstall it and let the SolidEdge installation to install it. The problem remained.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Carmelo,

OK, what about we try the old favourites.......temporarily disabling Anti-Virus program, and then, right click on the executable installation file and selecting to "Run As Administrator".

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good idea, but it didn't work.

I have tried everything in the last two weeks. I am giving up, unless anyone as any other suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

Carmelo

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi guys,

I've got the exact same problem, same system and same error message. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Zac

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I have personally encountered this error several times over the years when installing new software [the joy of working for GTAC is that I am constantly installing software ;-) ] and have spent many days trying to get this issue resolved.

Essentially when you get this error message, files and/or registry entries on your system have become corrupted.

There are many resources and web pages that provide information how to fix this but the error is a generic error that can be caused by many different things.  Therefore you will spend a lot of time going through the various resources claiming to offer a fix.  Eventually you *may* find the right solution.

However, to be honest, the best solution is to do a fresh install of Windows.

Obviously you may have better luck with any of the suggested solutions out there and you are welcome to spend time chasing this down but I have wasted days attempting all of these other methods suggested before finally resorting to a fresh OS install – sometimes a fresh install, although painful, is the fastest and safest way to go.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all, and yes, me too, I have this problem and I haven't found any solution to that yet Smiley Sad