Installed ST6 64 bit - Space mouse no longer working

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I had an issue with Revision Manager again and had to uninstall and reinstall ST6.  I installed ST6 64 bit (was running 32 bit) but now my add ins tab is no longer showing and my Space Mouse Pro is no longer working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it but no luck.  Are there any other steps I need to take?  I also need to get my Keyshot plug in working again.

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
19 REPLIES

Re: Installed ST6 64 bit - Space mouse no longer working

PLM World Member Phenom

My Keyshot plugin appears to be working or at least showed up in the add ins.  The Space Mouse Pro is another issue.  It will rotate the model, but is extrememly sensitive.  I cannot access any other buttons on the Space Mouse Pro.  The tool bar that showed up in ST6 32 bit is not showing up in ST6 64 bit.  This is a real PITA!  Any ideas.  I've got visitors coming by who want to see the model and contolling it in this manner will be tricky.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kyle,

That doesn't sound like a fun time.....the only thing I can think of to suggest [if you haven't already thought/done so] is that there needs to be matching 64bit drivers installed for the 3D controller to match the 64bit SE install.

Totally understand how tricky it will be, as I loathe using ANY other system without my Space Pilot.

Good luck!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

PLM World Member Phenom
Spoiler

Hi Sean,

Yeh, it's driving me crazy.  The 3D Connexion driver should be 64 bit since I only get one choice when I select 3D Mouse Pro and Windows 7 64 bit.  This all transpired when I got another error message regarding Revision Manager.  I uninstalled ST6, reinstalled the 64 bit version and noticed the Mouse Pro toolbar was not in the Solid Edge add ins tool bar.  The Keyshot live link does show up so it seems to be just with the mouse.  The mouse, however is much more important to me.  If I check the 3D Input box in Solid Edge options, the mouse knob will work.  It's extremely sensitive - almost unusable - and none of the buttons on the mouse work.  The puzziling issue is when Windows says the drive executable 3DxSrv.exe is not a valid Win32 application.  I got a message like that for the Revision Manager executable earlier which prompted me to reinstall ST6.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Phenom

I got with my IT person and had him check my system to make sure no other issues were causingthe problem  We found an anti-virus program was keeping the driver from loading.  It will now load, but the toolbar still does not show up in Solid Edge and none of the buttons are working on the Space Mouse.  If I select the "3D Input Device" in the Solid Edge options menu, the rotation controls work, but they are extremely sensitive and cannot be reduced.  Also the button that locks movement into a plane does not work.  That's the main reason I upgraded from the Space Navigator to the Pro.  Has anyone else run into this?

I'm heading downtown later this afternoon for SEU2014 so if I see anyone from 3D Connexion I'll ask them, but right now I'm stumped.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

Do the demos that came with the space mouse work? If not is a space mouse problem not an SE install or settings problem.

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

Yes, the training demos for spin, roll etc do work.  I'm looking in the registry to see what's missing between an identical machine (hardware wise) that works and my machine.  I do see one thing that's strange.  The working machine still has ST5 and under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER ...   Solid Edge/Version 105 folder there is an add ins folder in the registry.  My machine has ST6 and under the Version 106 folder the add ins folder is not there.  Is there something significantly different in registry entries for ST5 32 bit and ST6 64 bit that would eliminate the Add Ins folder?  By the way, in my machine (ST6) I have the Keyshot plug in installed and neither it nor the Space Mouse show up in the Add Ins manager in ST6.  Could this be a Solid Edge issue?  I've uninstalled/reinstalled it serveral times following the GTAC procedure for cleaning out the registry.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you had someone else log on to your computer and try that stuff out?  Sounds kind of like your windows user profile may have become corrupt.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

PLM World Member Phenom

Hi Ken,

I'll give that a shot.  I'll have someone log in and then reinstall ST6.  Just to make sure it's not related to 64 bit SE, can you or someone else confirm that the add ins work in ST6 64 bit?  The other machine has ST5 32 bit.  I'm planning on installing ST6 temporarily just to see if it works.  If so, I'll be sure it's my machine.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

One other issue I noticed is that Create 3D will not work either. Comparing my machine to the working one, there should be an add ins folder with an entry for Create 3D.  I just completed another installation of ST6 on my machine and that folder does not show up.  It seems to be an issue on my computer.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1