Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Installed ST6 64 bit - Space mouse no longer working

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

The reason to login under a new user is that a registry is created for that user with everything set to defaults. If that works then there is a setting in your account that is diffrent. You should not need to reinstall with that user for this test.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Kyle, my add-ins are all working on SE 64 (even in ST7) :-)

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Thanks Ken,

I gave up and installed ST6 on the other machine and am moving over to it.  I'll solve the mystery at a later time.  Luckily I had the spare machine.  It's definitely something specific to that machine.

Thank you to everyone who helped out.  This is what makes the forum so valuable.

I'll let you know what we eventually figure out.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

kjoiner wrote:

Just to make sure it's not related to 64 bit SE, can you or someone else confirm that the add ins work in ST6 64 bit?  The other machine has ST5 32 bit.  I'm planning on installing ST6 temporarily just to see if it works.

Hi Kyle,

Just so you're aware.....ST6 is the last release to cater for both 32 & 64bit architecture, as ST7 is ONLY being coded for 64bit.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Knowledge-Base/Solid-Edge-ST7-System-Requi...

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Kyle,

As Ken pointed out there may be something awry in your user profile.  Not sure if that would be directly related to switching SE from 32bit to 64bit, but it definately could be.

When you reinstalled SE, did you also uninstall and reinstall the 3DConnexion driver at the same time?  It seems to me that the 3DConnexion driver would register for use on the 32bit version of SE or the 64bit version depending on which SE was installed at that time.  Switching SE installs might mean that you need to reinstall the 3DConnexion driver, and let it register with the new SE.

Maybe you are already doing this, but...  When I install the 3DConnexion drivers, I always make sure that I:

1. Close all programs
  2. Unplug the controller
  3. Uninstall the previous driver
  4. Start installation of the new driver
  5. Select custom installation
  6. Install only the basic 3DConnexion drivers, and the ones for CAD tools I use (Solid Edge)
  7. Allow driver installation to complete
  8. Plug controller back in and let Windows recognize it
  9. Reboot the PC

HTH,

Jason Inglis

PLM World Member Phenom

Hi Jason,

I cleaned out the 3D connexion driver and followed a "clean install" procedure from 3D Connexion to remove any traces of the driver from the registry and any related folders on the drive.  I did the same for Solid Edge using a procedure provided by GTAC.  It could very well be something in my profile and definitely something specific to my computer.  Add ins supplied with Soild Edge such as Create 3D don't even install.  I'm running on the other computer now and everything installed just fine on it. I'm transferring my other programs (Cadkey, Corel Draw, Keyshot etc.) to the other machine so I can get back up to full speed again.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Might be a god idea (after cleaning the registry) to disable virus scanner while installing both.  I have seen a lot of funny things happen with installs and virus scanners.

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I ended up switching over to a spare computer.  I went through the GTAC recommended procedures as well as those from 3D Connexion with no luck on the other machine.  Something strange is keeping the add-ins from installing.  Nothing shows up in the registry for add ins.  Not only does this prevent my Space Mouse Pro from working, but I also found that tools such as Create3D that are part of Solid Edge will not work either.  It's a really strange problem.  It has me, our IT people and GTAC baffled.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Sounds like you need to pull an "Office Space" on it...Smiley Wink

I agree with Ken too that I have seen many a profile go wonky with very strange hapennings.

PLM World Member Phenom

"Sounds like you need to pull an "Office Space" on it...:smileywink:"

Yeah.  I'm also having issues with getting my printer to print shaded draft views now.  At least I'm not getting "PC LOAD LETTER" messages on it.  Smiley Happy

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1