Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Solid Edge and the license

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Another poster in a different thread has some useful info for installation:

You should be able to download the Solid Edge Student Edition from

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/forms/solid-edge-student.cfm

You will have to re-register but a download link will be presented. Download and use the license that was emailed to you. Below are the full details for installing Solid Edge and the License file

Installing Solid Edge
Solid Edge can be downloaded from a link provided in an email delivered to the registered user. Email address must be accurate and will be from this address: Siemens PLM Software, Inc. .

1. Download Solid Edge to any convenient location on your computer and make sure the file is saved with a .EXE extension (some specific versions of Internet Explorer would inadvertently remove the .EXE)
2. After the download double-click the .EXE file (the default filename will be SolidEdgeV104_32Bit.exe)
3. After a double click, the file will automatically expand and present the user with a setup screen. This step make take several minutes.
4. In the Setup screen, choose the first option (Solid Edge), and follow the prompts in the setup wizard.
5. A license file will be needed to run Solid Edge and can be installed before or after the installation of Solid Edge. Follow the steps in the Installing the license file section for this step.
6. If you install the license file during Solid Edge installation, you may run the product, look for it on the Windows start menu.

Installing the license file
License files were emailed after the completion of the registration and would be from this address: Siemens PLM Software, Inc. . License files will allow the software to run and these are the same instructions accompanied the license file emailed to the prospect.

To apply the license during installation
7. First save this electronic file to a convenient location on your computer. The default filename will be SELicense.txt.
8. Then during Solid Edge installation, click "Browse" on the InstallShield Wizard dialog box and navigate to the file. You may need to change the file type to *.* to locate the license file that will have a .TXT extension.
9. The setup program will automatically copy the file to the Solid Edge Program folder.
To apply the license after installing Solid Edge
1. Save the electronic file to a convenient location. The default filename will be SELicense.txt.
2. Start the License Utility (located in the Solid Edge program group on the Start Menu in the Licensing section).
3. Next click "Browse" in the dialog box, and navigate to the file. You may need to change the file type in the License Utility to *.* to locate the license file with .TXT file
4. The License Utility program will automatically copy the file to the Solid Edge Program folder.
5. You should be able to run Solid Edge, look for it on the Windows start menu and launch the application.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP7, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com
34 REPLIES

Re: Installing Solid Edge and the license

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder
All,
we apologize for some initial hickups during the download process. Attached is a document that should help you work through any installation issues and get going with Solid Edge.
All the best,
Karsten
Senior VP and GM
Solid Edge and Mainstream Engineering
@Newbk
karsten.newbury@siemens.com

Not applicable
I have just installed the software, but despite I followed step by step the instructions provided within the mail, the license does not seem working as a pop-up appears stating:
--
SIGN= keyword required but missing from license certificate. This is probably because the license is older than the application. You need to obtain a SIGN= version of this license from your vendor.
Feature: solidedgeacademicu
Missing: SIGN1=
License path: C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST4\Program\SELicense.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error: -114,582
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation, available at "www.flexerasoftware.com"
--

Not applicable
Problem solved.
ciao

Not applicable
Will I be able to transfer my licence onto another computer when I replace it? Or do I need to re-register and get a new key?

Not applicable
I do not believe the license is locked to your hardware but it is time
limited (1 year). You should be able to transfer it within that time frame.
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
http://www.pella.com

On 10/1/2011 5:32 AM, BELL-G10@email.ulster.ac.uk wrote:
> Will I be able to transfer my licence onto another computer when I
> replace it? Or do I need to re-register and get a new key?
>
>

Not applicable
Hey guys,

I have got an e-mail, that i should have installed Solid Edge. But it isn't right now.
I have clicked on the download-link, but the download has been aborted.

Is there any chance to get a new download-link for Solid-Edge ST-4?

Thanks and best regards
Christian

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Christian,

You're download should now be active. Please try the download link again.

Not applicable
Thanks, the download has started.

Not applicable
Hey guys,

I have got an e-mail, that i should have installed Solid Edge. But it isn't right now.
I have clicked on the download-link, but the download has been aborted.

Is there any chance to get a new download-link for Solid-Edge ST-4?

Thanks and best regards
Christian

Read this and try the link that i have given...

Siemens ask for student registration before downloading. After

registration, they send a link to your email id and also SE

License.txt as an attachment to the same email. The link

provided into email from Siemens is valid for download in 24

hours only : just check that link carefully... it will contain

following link as a part of download link...

if you want to download solidedge st4 directly and in more than

24 hours(especially when using low speed internet), then use

this link (paste it in browser address bar) :

http://dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/SolidEdgeV104EN

GLISH_32Bit.exe

address in above link (after http://)

dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_3

2Bit.exe

and don't forget to get valid student license for above copy of

st4, by registering yourself on siemens website... ignore if u

have received license... license file do not have 24 hr

restriction....

hope you will be able to download st4 now...