You should be able to download the Solid Edge Student Edition from
You will have to re-register but a download link will be presented. Download and use the license that was emailed to you. Below are the full details for installing Solid Edge and the License file
Installing Solid Edge
Solid Edge can be downloaded from a link provided in an email delivered to the registered user. Email address must be accurate and will be from this address: Siemens PLM Software, Inc. .
1. Download Solid Edge to any convenient location on your computer and make sure the file is saved with a .EXE extension (some specific versions of Internet Explorer would inadvertently remove the .EXE)
2. After the download double-click the .EXE file (the default filename will be SolidEdgeV104_32Bit.exe)
3. After a double click, the file will automatically expand and present the user with a setup screen. This step make take several minutes.
4. In the Setup screen, choose the first option (Solid Edge), and follow the prompts in the setup wizard.
5. A license file will be needed to run Solid Edge and can be installed before or after the installation of Solid Edge. Follow the steps in the Installing the license file section for this step.
6. If you install the license file during Solid Edge installation, you may run the product, look for it on the Windows start menu.
Installing the license file
License files were emailed after the completion of the registration and would be from this address: Siemens PLM Software, Inc. . License files will allow the software to run and these are the same instructions accompanied the license file emailed to the prospect.
To apply the license during installation
7. First save this electronic file to a convenient location on your computer. The default filename will be SELicense.txt.
8. Then during Solid Edge installation, click "Browse" on the InstallShield Wizard dialog box and navigate to the file. You may need to change the file type to *.* to locate the license file that will have a .TXT extension.
9. The setup program will automatically copy the file to the Solid Edge Program folder.
To apply the license after installing Solid Edge
1. Save the electronic file to a convenient location. The default filename will be SELicense.txt.
2. Start the License Utility (located in the Solid Edge program group on the Start Menu in the Licensing section).
3. Next click "Browse" in the dialog box, and navigate to the file. You may need to change the file type in the License Utility to *.* to locate the license file with .TXT file
4. The License Utility program will automatically copy the file to the Solid Edge Program folder.
5. You should be able to run Solid Edge, look for it on the Windows start menu and launch the application.
I have got an e-mail, that i should have installed Solid Edge. But it isn't right now.
I have clicked on the download-link, but the download has been aborted.
Is there any chance to get a new download-link for Solid-Edge ST-4?
Thanks and best regards