Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Installing Solid Edge and the license

Not applicable
Was it more than 24 hours after you receive your email? Download from the static link provided on post no 10 (last post of 1st page of this thread).

Not applicable
I need to update my license for Solid Edge, but when I open the License Utility program this message keeps showing up.
The weird thbing is I don't have any Solid Edge application open.

Not applicable
I believe the License Wizard needs exclusive write access to the license
file. If that file is opened by anything else or it is in a location
that is "read only" (like in Windows 7 Program Folders), you may get
that message. The file by default is: C:\Program Files\Solid Edge
ST4\Program\selicense.dat Check that it is not set to read only for you...
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
http://www.pella.com

On 11/28/2011 7:25 PM, fourmalletbeast10@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to update my license for Solid Edge, but when I open the License
> Utility program this message keeps showing up.
> The weird thbing is I don't have any Solid Edge application open.
>
>
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |Filename: Capture.JPG |
> |Download: http://bbs.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4644|
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>

Not applicable
hi,

could it be that there´s some mess with the licence-file "attached"?

i´ve got the mail, and a licence.txt in the end, but it is displayed not as an attachment, but as a row of text under the headline licence.txt...

i saved it to a textfile, which i then named licence.txt, and i´ll try to install SE with this, just have to wait till the download is finished, will report if it worked Smiley Wink

Not applicable
I have the same problem that someone mentioned before.. I installed Solid Edge, and when I try to run License Utility a message appears "The SE license file is currently in use. Exit your SE session then restart bla bla bla" I moved the file to the SE/Program folder but the problem remains...

Not applicable
I also just installed the software, but after the solid edge splash screen, I get "Engine Error" 'The application is not properly registered. You may need to reinstall it.' I just reinstalled and got the same error message. Any ideas?

Hello,

I have the same Problem. Installed the program and licence, but getting an error.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit on a Laptop, CPU Intel Core i5 @ 2.67 GHz, RAM: 4.0 GB

Can anyone give me some help?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
It is recommended that you install Solid Edge using an account with Administrator rights and with the UAC (User Access Control) turned off. You can turn it on again after installation.

CM

Not applicable
I installed it using the administrator account. When installing it there was no error, only when starting it. Where is the problem?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Did you install it by right mouse clicking on Setup.exe and selecting "Run As Administrator"?

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Not applicable
I have just installed the software, but despite I followed step by step the instructions provided within the mail, the license does not seem working as a pop-up appears stating:
--
SIGN= keyword required but missing from license certificate. This is probably because the license is older than the application. You need to obtain a SIGN= version of this license from your vendor.
Feature: solidedgeacademicu
Missing: SIGN1=
License path: C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST4\Program\SELicense.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error: -114,582
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation, available at "www.flexerasoftware.com"
--

I'm getting much the same error. You said you fixed the problem...how did you do this? Does anybody else know?
Thanks for your time
xx