Instructor Led Training

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For some reason my management is now saying we have a huge training budget, and they want us to take some formalized instructor led training on Solid Edge.  Not that I am complaining.  I have been using Solid Edge since 1997, but I would really like to get more familiar the synchronous aspects of ST.  We also have other users that are just starting out.  Does anyone have recommendations for good instructor led training offerings?  I have found Ally, and we currently use SISInc as our VAR.  Both of which offer instructor based training.  Does anyone have familiarity with either of these companies, and would they recommend them?

6 REPLIES

Re: Instructor Led Training

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

From experience I would recommend Ally.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Where in the world are you located?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We are located in Keyport, Washington, which is across the Sound from Seattle.

Phenom
Phenom

I have found that Ally PLM is not that informed about sheet metal. If that is your focus, I would find another trainer.

I would consider taking the team of people to the next conference as part of the training budget. collaboration with other and networking are valuable parts of training.

These kind of things (Triner or time to find better methods) are not an option for me. Every day it's a race to get drawings done withing 5 days of when the product ships. 5 day to cut, bend, weld paint, and assemble is a luxury for us.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would suggest Ally, have worked with them for years. Swoosh seems knowledgeable as well. I looked into training years ago, and I was more interested with on-site training. Have a couple folks watch over everyone's shoulders for a day, or so. Come back with some gathered notes, and show us better ways to do what we do.

Classroom and conventions are going to be too generalized, where as on-site they are going to see what you do, and concentrate on what you do. If you don't build spaceships, you don't care about building spaceships.

The on-site quotes weren't really that bad, and in honesty, I think you can save on the "down time". If they do an evaluation, they can compile their presentation to everyone in an organized manner, IMHO.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

David Breitstein is based out of Colorado. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dbreitstein/

I highly recommend his training.  Very good at Synch and amazing at Sheet Metal.  Standard training or custom to your product lines, and easy to work with.