Solved! Go to solution

Inter part copy

hi all!

i use ST! version (yes its OLD i know, its the progrem we have at work)

For the last two months, every relations i creat by the inter part copy commend, gets disconnected with thw part. It puts a question mark on the inter part copy's cymbole' witch means it cant find the the part but saves the latest known location.

pls help me solve it!! i just cant work like this

thanl you!!

7 REPLIES

Re: Inter part copy

Are you renaming or moving the files to different folders after you make these relationships?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

No nothing

I make the relationes and after i save it it makes this symbole (see Img)

In the errors log it says i have some feture that is undefiend but it still dosnt solve the problem.

Untitled.jpg

The Question mark does not mean that the link is broken.  That would be a red exclamation mark.  The question mark means that the linked document is out of context.  Here is a page link from the ST6 Help about it...

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/106/help/#uid:intprt1a

Thanks,
Ken

Thank you so much!!!

It was very helpful!!If i can bother you forthermore, if i understand it correctly, this symbole of question mark is temporery. once I enter the part that is the perent of the inter part relation it will update the relation?

thx! 

One of the most important things using interpart copies is to not do them between multiple parts, back and forth. Also, you have to edit it inside of the assembly it was created in. So if you created it in a subassembly while you had it opened inside of a larger assembly, then you have to edit it from within the larger assembly.

I've found that it's a good idea to have a base model which you turn off in the occurence properties, and everything links to it, but it links to nothing. This way you will avoid circular dependencies and cyclic redundancy errors.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

@nominus38 I belive the rule about having to edit the IPC in the assembly it was initially created in is no longer a requirement as of ST7.  Interpart relations as of that version are now stored at the first common assembly both components share.  I'm not sure how Interpart relations are handled in ST7 and later that were created in prior versions...

Thanks,
Ken

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shahar1
‎09-21-2016 04:17 AM

Good to know. Although old habits die hard.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"