Inter part relations

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Is there a way to add a single specific inter part relation? The inter part relation command only does automatic recognition of all current geometric relations. 

I must get things lined up (sized) before using the command. I'm hoping for a way to add a single one, that then forces the relation just like a mate. But instead of controlling position it's controlling part size.

3 REPLIES

Re: Inter part relations

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Yes, but it's done manually.

The workflow in Sync is to:

1) In place edit the Sync Part

2) Run the inter-part copy command and copy the faces you want from other component in the ASM.

3) Now that the face is copied locally you can dimension to it and relate to it etc. using all the normal Sync relationship commands.

NOTE: This face is fixed in the Sync Part file. It position/size is driven by the position of the other part in the ASM and the size of the face in the other part.

You can freeze or break the link to the ASM so it does not update once the component is released.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Art

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use the Face Relate commands between parts in the assembly to get parts aligned, etc.  Just be aware that unlike placing Face Relations in a single part (in Part), when you place relations between different parts, you don't have the ability to "persist" the Face Relate.  Use Face Relate to "get it there" then use Inter Part Relationship to "keep it there".

Kevin

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm not adding it to create a feature. I'm using the command to re-size many parts to the main part. In general it's a replacement for the perpetual include command in ordered.

A perpetual face relation is really what I was to add singles of, but the face relations don't re-size a part. Apprantly only the "inter part copy" version of a face relation can get this done.

I'm looking to be able to add a single "Keep it there" at a time. Better yet, really what I'm looking for is a "Keep it there" Command that can be exicuted on surfaces that are not there to begin with, just like assembly commands.

And then I want an editable list of them that can be edited just like assembly relations.