Interesting Problem

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My coworker has an assembly that when you open it none of the parts show up, and Solid Edge ST9 in stuck in sketch mode.  I can turn on the sketches and see them, but the parts are not visible, and it will not close out of the sketch mode.  However, when he edits the assembly from a higher level assembly everything functions normally.  He just cannot open the assembly and work on it.  Very odd.  Even saving the assembly as a new name doesn't solve the problem.  Any ideas on how to get this to work without building an entire new assembly?

5 REPLIES

Re: Interesting Problem

Legend
Legend

Insert the error assembly into a new assembly and transfer the parts and subassy's to the new assy... save and delete the defective assy from the "new"assy.

Phenom
Phenom

Jan_Bos wrote:

Insert the error assembly into a new assembly and transfer the parts and subassy's to the new assy... save and delete the defective assy from the "new"assy.

I was going to suggest the same when I seen you post and made me think of a long awaited enanchment.

It would be great if the "Disperse" command would keep the all the patterns as is instead of flat them all.

Phenom
Phenom

I had a similar problem in ST7 and 3D sketch.

When SE crashed while editing a 3D sketch I would be in a rolled-back situation (as if I'd used 'Go To') and unable to edit later 3D sketches.

This was the solution -

1. Open the assembly and edit the 3D sketch.
  2. Save then close file while still in sketch mode (need to use the window X to close)
  3. Re-open the assembly – the 3d sketch is now OK.

maybe you could try 2 & 3, as you are already in sketch mode when the file opens.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Betreff: Interesting Problem

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @mdamson

what You also can try is to rename the config file for that assembly (You also can delete it, but if this would not help You can go back easier) and then try to open it again.

Sometimes this has helped in similar situations for me.

regards
Wolfgang
Highlighted

Legend
Legend

Hi @mdamson

Try to create new window.

Go to View Tab and then select New Windows. After that, close the older window and save the actual.

We had similar issues in the past and most of them were resolved doing that.

Hope it helps.

Héctor Pelayo Izquierdo
Engineering Department, JAE Ingeniería y Desarrollos, S.L.
Solid Edge ST9 MP5 | NX 9
Development: VB.NET