Intermediate Part Modeling Tutorial

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had a question about relationships in this tutorial.  On page three of this tutorial

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/107/help/en_US/selfPacedExt/stppb...

why does the other hole move with with the selected hole?  Earlier in the tutorial a relationship was added to make them concentric, but the persistent option was turned off and I don't see anything listed in Pathfinder.

I thought if the persistent option was active, a relationship would be created and maintained in Pathfinder.  A non-persistent relationship would only be used once and would not be maintained in Pathfinder.

How does Solid Edge let users know about existing relationships if there is nothing in the Pahfinder?

5 REPLIES

Re: Intermediate Part Modeling Tutorial

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's live rules - symmetry.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks. I guess I should have been more patient because they mention live rules later in the tutorial.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ok, I turned off live rule symmetry and concentric relations, but the holes are still moving together.  What am I missing here?

Also, the face coplanar options sounds very straighforward, but why doesn't it work when I try to make the top of the arms coplanar?

MLombard
Retired

Some of this has changed in ST8, just so you know. Turning off stuff and making more sense of the Live Rules is better.

Try turning off the coplanar axes, and maybe the tangent. They would both apply.

Also, about applying the coplanar relations, make sure you click the command, click the face you want to move, right click to accept, click the face you want to be stationary, and right click again.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was missing the right-click to accept step.  Maybe there is a reason why they added that extra step, but for me it feels like an unnecessary step.

I think the problem with the concentric holes was a presistent relationship in pathfinder.  I thought if I turned off the option in Live Rules, it would override the relation in pathfinder.