Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpart Copy

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was wondering if anyone knew a quick easy way to do an interpart copy to a new assembly, where I could select a handful parts in a densely populated model that partain to a certain vendor for export to .step, without the need to export the entire model, or make a copy of everything and selectively purge items. Thank you.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Interpart Copy

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CADCAM16

maybe I haven't understand Your request correctly, but if it is to find certain parts from an assembly in a very easy and fast way, I would use the Search Tool in ASM.

Specifying my search criteria and use the result as Show Only

20171201_2056.PNG

So, with that parts shown only I directly would save this as STEP with option 

20171201_2100.PNG

As just tested, the result is a step file containing only the wanted parts

20171201_2101.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Interpart Copy

Pioneer
Pioneer

Select the parts in your assembly that you want to make a new assembly from.

Click the "Transfer" command.

Fill out the window that pops up and it will create you a new assembly file in the location you select.

Re: Interpart Copy

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In addition, what's displayed can be controlled by the display configurations. You can name the display configurations whatever you want (Like client name). Use that to control what is displayed. Then use what is displayed to control what is exported or copied.

Betreff: Interpart Copy

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks so much that was the trick. Amazing how many times we do things and forget about that options box and to expand it to see options, I completely forgot that existed! Many thanks to other replies.