Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpart copy won't work!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I have a model containing a number of assemblies.  I am trying to create a part with a a number of interpart copies of various geometries from the other assemblies.  I am finding that some of the assemblies refuse to allow any interpart copies to be made.  The individual parts can be selected in the interpart copy command but none of the geometry can be selected.  No faces, no bodies, no chains, no features - NOTHING!  The parts are just normal solid bodies - nothing special.  If I bring in the same part into the model separately the interpart copy works perfectly.  Just not from the assembly!  The assembly is simplified but I have set it so show as designed.  Right now this is a complete show-stopper.  This is ST9 MP09.  I have never run into this before.  Any thoughts?

1 REPLY

Re: Interpart copy won't work!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

It would appear that if I delete the simplified assembly feature out of the offending assembly then the interpart copy functionality comes back to life.  This means that a simplified assembly cannot ever be used to creat interpart copies - even if the assembly is set to be shown as-designed.  You have to delete the simplified assembly feature and that might cause issue for others using that assembly.  I don't know if that is a bug or working as-designed.