Interview in company mainly focus on Solid Edge - What questions do I expect

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi folks,

I have interview soon with one company and mainly is focus on Solid Edge.

Does anyone have experience job interview with Manager with
discussing Solid Edge topics , problem solving, design.

What kind of questions I can expect here . 

Position is for design engineer.

How do I pass competition, probaly some of you guys probably applied for that job too.

Also I am confident with solid edge experience

4 REPLIES

Re: Interview in company mainly focus on Solid Edge - What questions do I expect

Legend
Legend

Hi @Jasmin_power

if you are confident with SE - thats all you need.

Probably they will give you some part to design using SE.

Always it would be nice to know what commands they mostly using in SE - I had a situation where I forgot how to use Pattern command ( basically not using this feature/command on daily basis at all ) - and this command was the most used in there..

Good luck !!

regards,

Arek

Production: SE ST9 MP12
;

Re: Interview in company mainly focus on Solid Edge - What questions do I expect

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Jasmin_power,

I agree with @arekkul, if you are proficient with Solid Edge already, then you should be fine...I would also add, try asking questions of them, how they are using/finding Synchronous in their designs, and if they're not, gently enquire as to why not....also what data management they use, or have looked at, etc.

Conversational stuff like that would get my attention.....especially if you can relate their products into the discussion. 

Good luck though......being a Solid Edge company, they already rank highly in my eyes. Robot Very Happy

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Dont loose focus on basic mechanical apptitude, problem solving, and your own experiances.

When I have had opportunities to hire I focus on People, personality, potential, and one who fits with my exsisting team...    we can teach anyone a new software...

But as @SeanCresswell says...  let them know that you are an experianced user who sees the big picture that CAD plays in the new concepts of "Digital Twin"  

Be sure to ask who your customer is as the designer or engineer.   your customer may not be the company's customer!!!   for example  your customer might be the model shop, or manufacturing floor,  or tool room... 

Asking about Sync, PDM, PLM, Additive Manufacturing...  all that stuff should let them know you see the big picture..

Like i said...  Anyone can learn SE...   you are selling yourself!!!

I can NOT undervalue a strong firm handshake and eye contact either...   back to the basics.

Best of luck...   just be YOU!!!

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Genius
Genius

I've worked with a couple dozen different "grades" of SE users, and on-hands experience in the field of manufacturing produces the best designers. Those out of the classroom, can't read a tape measure, or understands how parts are produced, never last long.