Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself as the new community manager

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Amy, your new community manager Smiley Happy Some of you may know me from my time with the NX Design community. I am excited to have recently joined the Solid Edge team, and I'm looking forwad to getting to know all of you!

I've worked in the CAD realm for a little more than 3 years now, so I am pretty familiar with key topics and trends, but I still have a lot to learn. In fact, I am expecting to gain a lot of insight from all of you by watching the discussions in this area.

If you ever have questions or need help, don't hesitate to contact me! I'm happy to help and I usually respond within an hour (unless it's outside of working hours Smiley Wink then it may take a lil longer). 

Also, I will be making some changes to the community over the coming months and year, so be on the lookout for those. 

Feel free to introduce yourselves to me on this thread in the comments below!

Thanks and all the best, 

Amy Reyes

Community Manager, Solid Edge

Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author
Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

27 REPLIES

Betreff: Introducing myself as the new community manager

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AmyReyes

welcome and let me say that I'm happy having a new responsible person for this great community.

I am absolutely confident about the fact, that You will have to do a lot, but it is great to have You ( as community manager) in place now.

Welcome!

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Introducing myself as the new community manager

Nice!....and of course, WELCOME, to the Solid Edge family @AmyReyes.

Looking forward to your input, updates and guidance in all things community.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Welcome, and good luck.

My main comment about the forum is: It would be nice if there was some official tie-in between this forum, and the ER system. For example, if we could link ER's and IR's to the forum so that others could comment and edit the feeback about the software.

And going the other direction, it would be nice to know what features are being worked on right now so that we don't ask for them.

hawcad, Sean, Imic's and a few others are key resources here. Mainly all the people at the top of the KUDO list.

@AmyReyes, welcome to the Solid Edge Community.  As the new Community Manager, would you mind sharing what your new role's responsibilities are?

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

In proper Siemens fashion,

Willkommen!

Community Manager

@12GAGE Thank you! That is good to know. Great suggestion for the forum, too. That is something I would definitely like to see happen, and I'll keep it in mind for the community as we move forward. 

Community Manager

Hi @KennyG, Sure! I am happy to share what my responsbilities are. So I am part of the marketing team for Solid Edge. In terms of community management, I'll be keeping an eye on the forums, helping people with general issues (such as username changes, where to post, etc.) blogging... and I plan to work with the extended Solid Edge team, including our partners and end users, to get a nice mix of content from guest authors. I also plan to do some fun things like host a few contests and get a super user program going to reward our top contributors - more info on that later!

Ultimately, I just want to serve the community as best I can, so I am definitely open to suggestions and would love to hear ideas for what you would like to see. 

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I would like to see @Tushar get paid for all the content that he provides on the blog.

Phenom
Phenom
@AmyReyes welcome to this side of the community, i'm looking forward to any improvement and ivolvment of users in Solid Edge growing.

Francesco