Is it possible to change the sheet size for thousands of dft files?

I've got a few thousand dft files with a few different paper sizes being used and I'm wondering if it's possible to quickly change them all to one standard of 17x11 (ANSI B). I can go into each one and manually change it, but trying to avoid that.

8 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible to change the sheet size for thousands of dft files?

I'm not a macro or automation guy. Tushar is the expert in that area.

My first thought is that you will be able to make a macro to take a selected file and edit the background. However the big can of worms is adjusting the drafting from thats that are larger than B size. Lot's of drafting work ahead if you need to edit from say D to B size.

Oh good point, although I may be lucky as I think the issue is most are 11x8.5 and need to be 17x11. The macro idea is a good one.

I've heard there is a commercial one that should be better:

http://www.incobase.de/Download_Soft.html#chabackgrd

Download attached macro from our dropbox and give it a try

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt52gs615sjznf2/Replace%20SE%20Draft%20file%20Border.zip?dl=0

Thanks again to the author of this macro.

Regards,

Jan Bos

User of Solid Edge since V3.5 testing ST10

HI @nate456

the best and probably easiset attempt is, to use the "Batch Macro" from Custom folder.

You simply can reduce the filter for DFT only and add one additional line in the execute to change the backround sheet size.

This should be a matter of view minutes for people who are familiary with the SE API syntax

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad

i think @nate456 might want to change the drawing border also.

If the other border already exists on a different background sheet in the draft file, then it is a simple job to change sheet size and border.

If, however, there is only one background sheet it is much more complex.

The only problem with these 'replace border' macro's is that they usually delete everything on the background sheet.

Our drawing border macro allows the option to retain certain parts of the border, but is custom-written for our system and template setup.

Personally, in nate's case I would simply add a new background sheet, place the new border on it and set the working sheet to use that. Even then, most of the drawings are going to look pretty strange with the views offset towards the bottom left of the drawing and a load of free space.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Hi @beachcomber

with ST9 this also has become a standard SE function in draft

You can change Backround Sheets per Se functionallity.

I'm not absoluteley sure, wether this is available via API too or not.

regards
Wolfgang