Is it possible to define a custom unit of measure in the advanced units dialog?

Creator
Creator

In the file properties dialog under "Units" -> "Advanced Units" the Mass value field, has units for grams (g) and I believe Megagrams (Mg), I'm looking for milligram (mg) as a unit of measure.

Is it possible to add a custom unit of measure to this field?

5 REPLIES

I do not believe so.  You would need to log an enhancemen...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe so.  You would need to log an enhancement request to add it or ask for a function to allow user defined variations.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Re: I do not believe so.  You would need to log an enhancemen...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
There is an existing ER for the use of milligrams. Please contact your first line support and request you be added to the existing ER.

Phenom
Phenom
Hi,

I tried the following for a Par file:

In the file property of the PAR modell, I added a new Parameter, for example "Mass mg" and I habe modefied the allready known mass from 1kg to 1000 mg.
So now there is a new parameter that is available to be linked to draft.

In the bachground of the draft, you habe the property of the mass %{Mass|R1}, so I have to changed it to %{Mass mg|R1} and it will work.

But I don't know if it's a best way to realise, what you're looking for!

Yasser
Solid Edge ST5 / ST6
MP7 / ...

Legend
Legend
I think I see what Yasser is doing. Open the variable table and make a new variable at the bottom and call it "Mass mg". Be sure to make it scalar so you can add your own unit later. Then put in a formula "Mass*1000" and check off the "expose" box. %{Mass mg|R1}mg will get you the mass and the unit.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Creator
Creator
Thank you for your responses, I think the custom variable with a formula to convert into milligrams is a good workaround until milligrams is made available in the advanced units dialog.