Is there a way to interrogate the Assembly child parts and sub-assemblies without opening the file?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am checking if there is somthing in the programming libraries that allows me to gather the child part or sub-assembly file names and their paths without opening the assembly using the Solid Edge api.

I see that I can gather file properties but not the list of occurrences.

Thanks,

Bob

4 REPLIES

Re: Is there a way to interrogate the Assembly child parts and sub-assemblies without opening the fi

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe you would have to use the RevisionManager API

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Is there a way to interrogate the Assembly child parts and sub-assemblies without opening the if

Creator
Creator

In Revision Manager, if you right click on a part you can select Show Parents and it will list all the occurrences.  In case you've never used RM before it is located in the View and Markup program and then under the drop down OPEN folder part.  I had no idea where it was until someone pointed it out.

Re: Is there a way to interrogate the Assembly child parts and sub-assemblies without opening the if

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry, I am looking to do this via code not manual means.

I do see where I can use an open on the revision manager api application object but I can't seem to locate how I can set a document to that as I am getting COM errors if I do that.

Any suggestions woule be gratly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dim objRevMan As RevisionManager.Application

Dim objDoc As RevisionManager.Document

Set objRevMan = CreateObject("RevisionManager.Application")

Set objDoc = objRevMan.Open (filename)

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1