Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to refer to drawing number of another drawing?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello!

There is a situation when you are making a drawing about an assembly and that assembly has a subassembly. The subassembly already has a drawing and it has a drawing number of course. I like to refer to that drawing number on the drawing of the main assembly.

Yeah, I could just write it down and paste it somewhere, but the important thing I want to achieve that when I modify something on the drawing of the subassembly (it will have a new drawing number maybe) I need to change it on the drawing of the main assembly. The problem is, when you have that reference on several drawing and you don't remember which ones.

I want a solution like the "where is used". Is there any?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Betreff: Is there a way to refer to drawing number of another drawing?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Reseter 

when speaking about "document number" instead of "drawing number" and when the important document is the 3D file rather than the draft, You do not have any problem.

The draft - and Ok, this a very personal opinion - but the draft only is the child of the 3d file and only shows the 3d geometry.

All properties, numbers, identification numbers are taken from the 3D file and are equal.

So You only have to refer to the 3D documents and will have less problems and less efforts.

Yes I'm aware of having a drawing with many parts on it and the need for having an extra drawing number, but, I'm not a friend of it.

regards
Wolfgang