Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any variables to get the sizes from 3D printing preview dimensions like length x width x he

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I am using solidedge 2019, I want to retrieve the dimensions from 3D printing preview

Is there any variables to get this dimensions on drafting to get the finish side of part

Thanks

Somnath Pore

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is there any variables to get the sizes from 3D printing preview dimensions like length x width

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi,

If I understand well, you need for stock or bounding box size! I suggest using @hawcad 's cool macro  or here is a video about another solution:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: Is there any variables to get the sizes from 3D printing preview dimensions like length x width

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Imics 

thanks for mention me.

I also thought on my macro when reading this post but was irritated by the "3d printing size"

What my "main dim" macro offers is only the box around the model or certain dimensions (variables) combined to a single property.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I remember this video and the macro as well - both a supercool!

A Few observations:

1. You had the part dimensions already before creating the enclosure.

2. Dimensions can be applied to the enclosure after creating it.

3. These dimensions of the enclosure or BBox can then be exposed.

Not related to this is my finding that when a dimension applied to the enclosure is converted to a driving dimension and modified, it actually modifies the model - which is quite scary.

Here is a video: