Issue downloading ST7 Solid Edge High School Edition

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I hope you can help me out. I’ve been trying to download the latest version of Solid Edge for our school for the last 24 hours. I’ve tried half a dozen times over that period and after about 15 minutes the download is saying 4 to 7 hours left with 0 out of 2GB downloaded. Usually the download times out or ends with a few hundred MB downloaded. I am using the link in the upgrade email.
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/academic/resources/solid-edge/academic-downloads.shtml?s...

Is the another source I can download from, or an FTP site? I hope you can help me out or point me to someone who can.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Issue downloading ST7 Solid Edge High School Edition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I recommend you use a download manager, as it sounds as though your connection speed is not very fast, and is subject to connection interuptions, resulting in your being reset at a server in the chain....history shows it especially prevalent, when using Internet Explorer.

Not sure what browser you're using, but I've had great success with with "Google Chrome" and have installed the "Chrono" download manager.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi and thanks.

I have an 8Mbit ADSL 2 connection and am using the latest version of Chrome, I will get the download manager and try that.  I have even tried the download at home (20Mbit ADSL 2+ connection) with Chrome and same result.

We are located in outback Australia so there may be some network issues between here and the server.  Most other downloads work fine, including Microsoft ISO downloads for our Microsoft licensing which can also be in the 2-4 GB size.

Cheers.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Nope, the download manager didn't help.  However another forum member that lives a couple of cities over kindly posted the download on disk to me.  Thanks goes to Mark Fort for getting me up and running.

Brett.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent....yes and you should check out Mark Fort on YouTube for some local Australian Solid Edge goodness.  Robot Very Happy

Good work Mark @MF

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10