Issue with modifying synchronous sheet metal part.

Creator
Creator

I am having issues with this really simple part and I am not able to understand why.

On the video I try to move the face and the radius that connects it to the part ... there has been no way so far. Either the radius is discarded as element to be modified or it simply disappear.

Is there any way to get around this issue? Am I doing something wrong? Should I go to ordered mode?

(view in My Videos)

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Issue with modifying synchronous sheet metal part.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Solinpro

after more detailed analyze of Your aprt I've seen a gemetric problem in the edge area.

After deleting those 2 small surfaces (whereever they came from) and after setting the rmeinaing planes to coplanar, You now will be able to modify Your flange as desired.

See viedo:

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Issue with modifying synchronous sheet metal part.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Solinpro,@hawcad  I also found that changing the Connected Face opion to Lift instead of Extend/Trim allowed it to be modified also, but better to fix the geometry issue...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Re: Issue with modifying synchronous sheet metal part.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Clearly great help from HawCad. Question is how did it get this way? Was this native designed in Solid Edge? Or did you import this or?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @dcstaples

Yes this is the right question.

What I have seen - and not only with the latest version of Solid Edge - that sheet metal inclines to produces this small, tiny geometry under certain cirumstances.

This sometimes lead to not be able closing a corner, and so on.

Also the flat pattern doesn't look the best. There are small edges where one straight line also could be possible.

This is an area where development could enhance our SE

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your help.

The part I shared was created first in ST8 and then in  ST9 and the latest package available I deleted all the geometry and rebuild a new geometry. So to the question was it native SE, the answer is yes.

Hope this helps.