Issues with coordinate dims, dotted lines

I just updated to ST8 MP 8, and I'm now having an issue.

Previously, I would sometimes end up getting these dotted lines coming from the coordinate dims which I had selected last, which would go away if I merely clicked on them, so it wasn't a big issue, just annoying if I didn't notice it when I printed.

But since MP8, now when I double click a coordinate dimension to copy its variable and paste into the variable table, now the dotted line doesn't go away. The only way I can get it to go away is to delete the dim and place again, which then is no longer in the variable table which is why I selected the dim in the first place.

Anyone else experience anything like this?DOTTED.PNG

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
11 REPLIES

Re: Issues with coordinate dims, dotted lines

Can't help on the line thing but what is the meaning of this: "now when I double click a coordinate dimension to copy its variable and paste into the variable table"?

Do you mean to paste it into a formula in the variable table?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Exactly. It's usually a variable labeled as a V##### or whatever. Paste it into the formula field in the variable table.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

[ Edited ]

Hmm. I don't know what the V*** actually is, it only shows while placing a dim, but on my system the default variable name is "Linear_x" for a linear dim and "Coordinate_x" for a coordinate dim, etc. Do the "V" names appear in your variable table?

Bruce Shand

Yes. And I know I can copy it directly from the variable table. I'm just accustomed to double clicking the dim to copy the variable. Been doing it that way since v17. I'm a creature of habit, and I throw a fit when I'm forced to change that for no reason other than "dammit, it's not working now"

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

[ Edited ]

Now I wonder why my variable name system differs from yours. Maybe it's a synchronous thing.

Edit: No, it's sketch vs. PMI names. I never really noticed before

Edit: Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Bruce Shand

Maybe you should go into your relationship assistant and uncheck tangent. That might solve that.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

LOL!

Bruce Shand

Did you find a way to get rid of the dashed lines?  I have the same issue.

Sorry, I did not, though with the newest MP of ST9 I haven't had this issue pop up AS MUCH. But I also changed a few things so that I didn't have to do the same things to make them appear. So no, once this problem happens to a particular dim, the only way to get rid of it has been to delete that dim and put it back on.
ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"