Keeping Properties from Creo/ProE Import

How can I keep the properties when I import Cre/ProE files?

Using the direct interface within Solid Edge all the properties are gone!

Is there a different in using the data migration tools? For SWX import there are more options available!

Thank you

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de
3 REPLIES

Re: Keeping Properties from Creo/ProE Import

Hi Stefan, neither the ProE direct translator or the ProE data migration tool support the exchange of properties. The Proe data migration tool is limited to extracting geometry only. 

You are correct the SolidWorks data migration tool does support file properties along with features such as FOA, FOP's, and threaded hole attributes. The SW migration tool is relatively new where the ProE data migration tool goes back several years, and has received no recent updates.

Thank you for the information!

Is there a third party solution out there supporting this?

BTW: We tested already both ways "Data migration" vs "Direct Interface"

Here is the results we got:

Direct Interface:

Pros: 

- assembly structure

- Colors

Cons:

- Variable parts are not in the correct dimension

- No properties

Data Migration Tool:

Pros:

- Assembly Structure

- Variable parts are in the correct dimension

Cons:

- No colors

- No properties

Conclusion: Using the Data migration tool you will get the correct part size but you will lose the colors!

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Hi Stefan, I don’t know if there is a 3rd party or not that supports the translation of ProE properties to SE. I contacted Transmajic, to see what they have. I’m still waiting on a reply from them. I will email you the results as soon as I hear something. I also went to the Datakit WEB site. Datakit has a ProE to JT translator that might do the trick, you may want to contact them (Datakit.com).