Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Keeping assigned materials in Keyshot for future geometry updates

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everyone.

I need to keep all materials and scene in the .bip file for every time I launch keyshot the materials are there and it will be a matter of geometry update, not reassigning the materials from scratch every time.

I tried what was discussed in this thread https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/how-to-update-a-model-used-in-keysh... and only achieving a geometry update in Keyshot.  

My workflow:

1.open the assy, access to Keyshot, assign materials. SAVE the .bip in the same folder as the assembly with the same assembly file name. close Key shot, close SE assembly file.

2. Open Assembly file, access to keyshot, and the material links are lost!!!!!

Any suggestions?

Josue Vivas

2 REPLIES 2

Betreff: Keeping assigned materials in Keyshot for future geometry updates

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JosueVivas

this can be done more or less "easy".

I first have send my example asm (valve) to Keyshot, have changed materials, etc. and saved it under "Valve_first.bip"

Then I closed Keyshot and changed something in the asm ( I changed the length variable of the handle)

You can see it clear from 125 to 175mm.

Then start Keyshot again, and as YOu claimed, You will see the original materials with the new models.

But - and this is my method - now I open the saved BIP file in Keyshot, get all changed materials, and do a update Keyshot in SE

Voila!

That's my way!

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Keeping assigned materials in Keyshot for future geometry updates

Pioneer
Pioneer

Many thanks @hawcad. Robot Happy

(view in My Videos)