Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyShot 7 and 8 throw Open GL 2.0 error when accessing computer via Remote Desktop

We're running into a problem when attempting to start Keyshot 7 or 8 after logging into a computer via Remote Desktop.  It doesn't matter if we try to run KeyShot standalone (error message attached as image) or from within Solid Edge (error message shown below).

• "KeyShot requires OpenGL 2.0 but (1.1.0) was found!"

Does anyone else have this problem, or know of a workaround/solution?

I have not yet logged an IR with GTAC.

Regards,

Kevin P. Alexander

Sr. Systems Consultant

Hexagon PPM

6 REPLIES 6

Re: KeyShot 7 and 8 throw Open GL 2.0 error when accessing computer via Remote Desktop

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You will sometimes see this error when  you are attempting to run KeyShot through a remote desktop connection (RDC).

Re: KeyShot 7 and 8 throw Open GL 2.0 error when accessing computer via Remote Desktop

Siemens Phenom

Der!  You already stated you were running through remote desktop, so yes, this is a limitation of running RDC.  It is also reported in the actual KeyShot forums.

Siemens Phenom

Also, it is a known concern/expected behaviour for many different softwares that require OpenGL2.

Supposedly, if you start the application on the physical hardware first, and leave it running, and then RDC in you can use the software as it is already running.

If you do not start the application first, RDC in, then start the application, the application will check for the OpenGL version. Because it is over RDC and using RDC as the display then the OpenGL check will fail and the software not run.

Siemens Phenom

@KevinAlexander see my new blog post where I have come up with an [unsupported] solution to your issue:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Launching-Solid-Edge-KeyShot-And-Oth...

David,

A well-deserved thank you! ... this cmd script worked like a charm.

Cheers,

Kevin P. Alexander

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Would this be a Win 7 issue?  I'm running all Windows 10 PC's and have no problem starting Keyshot via RDP...

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com