Keyboard/Space mouse short cut to access radial menu

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've got an ER for a keyboard shortcut to activate the Radial Menu as well as using the RMB, I would also like the ability to programme the space mouse to activate it too.

I think it may work quite well, what do others think? Could it work?

Thanks

G

10 REPLIES

Re: Keyboard/Space mouse short cut to access radial menu

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I like the keyboard shortcut idea.

Solidworks has an "X" menu which brings up a customizable pop-up menu. Maybe SE's could use the X key as well.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I have the Right-Click key between my right-side Ctrl and Alt keys.

If we can get it to work in SE; should be fine enough for now.

Radial menu would be welcome as well.

May be single-tap the Right-Click key for context menu and keep it pressed for the radial menu inside Solid Edge.

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand

In works "S" as Shortcut... Smiley Wink What a consistent thinking!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Imics, Oh, thought it was "X". It's been a while...

Bruce Shand

Genius
Genius

Why not find your solution in the gaming industry.

For gaming i would advice the Razer Blackwidow, but has only 5 extra key-bindings which is enough for gaming if you want some macro's ingame but the keyboard itself is realy nice when playing.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-chroma

For Solid Edge, Autocad etc, i use the G510S from logitech it has 3x 18 buttons thats 54 personal buttons which you can customize to whatever you want in a program that runs on the keyboard. Solid edge has a shorcut lay-out with ALT and then you see other buttons to combine it with. But i gave every option the key combination ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+random key and then gave a button like G1, G2 etc on keyboard that key combination. The keyboard even knows in what program you are and with that every program has his own combinations.

http://gaming.logitech.com/nl-nl/product/g510s-lcd-gaming-keyboard

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Sander-GPI, I find native, built-in functions more desirable for several reasons.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree with @bshand.I've no interest in gaming solutions or super megabutton mice.

Most of the problems I have are with the amount of mouse clicks hence the request for a keyboard or programmable space mouse button to share the work.I love the way hovering over an icon selects the tool required but hate the current method to get there so rarely use it.

I currently use Logitech Trackman mouse as this reduces strain on the hands, Logitech have stopped making this unfortunately so I have had to stock pile Smiley Sad

Phenom
Phenom

@redcad I am also a victim of the mouse, I feel your pain...

I never used a trackball, but a wacom tablet did the trick for me and my colleague.

Tip: a cheap one is good enough, I have a cheap (bamboo fun) now for 7 years at work and at home an expensive (Intuos 3), but for CAD work the cheap is just perfect.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Joris, Interesting. Does it have or need drivers for Edge?

Bruce Shand