Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyshot 6 - Select similar

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Selection in Keyshot: Is it me or is it a PITA?

I have an assembly with much the same parts in different subassembly's. All these identical parts should receive the same material, so I want to add them all in the same group.

Now I manualy add the parts to a group "Metal - paint".

When I try to search for all these parts in the scene - search box I get no result. Is there a (hidden?) function "select identical part" in Keyshot?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2019 user
3 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot 6 - Select similar

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Joris, this question is best asked in the Keyshot forum I guess.

My limited experience is that you can

-select one part and 'rbm/select parts w material'

-part by part select the parts in the Scene/Models list.

Or select them by 'search' and enter a name.

Good luck!

/ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Betreff: Keyshot 6 - Select similar

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Joris

got to the material tab click on that specific material and RMB "Select all parts with material"

This is avaialable at least from Keyshot 6 on but Ithink even longer

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Keyshot 6 - Select similar

Phenom
Phenom

@Joris You should also look into material template functionality if you haven't already.  

The parts from SE come in with their face style appended after the name therefore I have a few rules e.g. for anything named *RAL6018* (my SE face style name, with asterix wildcards each side) apply RAL6018 material (a custom keyshot material I've made, but could be anything).

This way you can instantly apply Keyshot materials very quickly based off you SE styles, so minimises the item by item messing around with styles.