Keyshot 6 coming to Solid Edge?

Legend
Legend

Just checked the Keyshot website, and see that they have released version 6. I tried doing an update throug Keyshot that installed with Solid Edge, says there are no updates. Anyone know if this will change, or will we always be using version 5 of Keyshot?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
8 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot 6 coming to Solid Edge?

MLombard
Retired

I don't think we have a date on when it will arrive. In the meantime, we have a sample rendering...

I don't have any official word, but I don't believe KS6 will appear in ST8.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

We've already tested it. At this moment you have to uninstall KS5.3 and after this install KS6. It will works with "Solid Edge license", but...

There is a "new limitation" in KeyShot6... If you create an animation in Solid Edge then you can not transfer it to KeyShot6... Smiley Sad It does not support rendering animation, you have to upgrade for Pro version of KeyShot6 (1495$). 

I hope this helps!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Before I try this.

Just uninstall KS and install the new version? Will KS find the license or should we do something ourselve?

Edit:

I don't have patience. Man Embarassed

KS6.png

But yes, it's that easy.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Imics -- there has been no conscious change in functionality from KS5 to KS6. Not sure why animation transfer is not working -- will look into this.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Phenom
Phenom

@dcstaples,

Sorry, it seems this was my mistake, because "the basic" animation works well... Sorry! The advanced animation module doesn't work, because it is not part of the KeyShot for Solid Edge! This was my license trouble!

BR,

Imics

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
OK. That sounds right. Bear in mind that the "advanced" animation is KeyShot is not really more advanced than Solid Edge. We feel it is best to compose the animation in Solid Edge with more complete motors, timeline etc. and then send to KS for rendering -- thus the way it is packaged.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Dear @dcstaples and @Imics, before I do all this, can you tell me if the materials are re-used or can I copy them?

I have a lot of custom materials (also upload them).

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

What has been used in KS5 it will stay on your PC (c:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 5\) and you will have a new folder for KS6 (c:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 6\).

And you can set up your "favorite folders (Materials, etc...)" by Edit -> Preferences -> Folders!

Good luck!

BR,

Imics