Keyshot - Admin rights

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Not sure if this is a Keyshot issue or if anybody here can offer some help.

I have ST7 premium with a floating license.

When I load Keyshot from my usual user account it complains about not being able to contact the update server and will not load the prefences, however a bigger issue is that the materials seem to be out of sync with the material library, if i select an aluminum finish it will choose a green gem material for instance.

If I load Keyshot with a local admin account it runs perfectly. however complains about not being able to use the Keyshot 5 license and will try to obtain another Solid Edge license from the server, thus now using two.

Not something that I can do as this then blocks another user.

If I launch Keyshot from within Solid Edge it loads but still has the same materials issue.

I have tried to reload the software several times with the exact same results.

I know that this is somehow related to my corporate user account but I cannot be the only person to be a 'standard' user...

I asked in the Keyshot forum but had little feedback. 

I have an ST7 home license that allows me to take work home, Keyshot works perfectly.

PS, love the updates from ST6

Kev 

2 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot - Admin rights

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Need a bit of clarification on exactly what you are doing. When you say "when I load KeyShot" what exactly do you mean you are doing. When you install Solid Edge, KeyShot installs AS PART of Solid Edge install. So you do not need to "load" KeyShot. 

Can you outline more clearly what steps you are taking?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: Keyshot - Admin rights

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Using a standard "corporate" user account and not having any issues with Keyshot.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1