Keyshot: After Keyshot Update - Demo Mode?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

A client has updated his keyshot5, now when he opens keyshot it goes into demo mode.

My guess is that the update has overwritten the License file, how do I restore the old License.

He is currently using ST7.

6 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot: After Keyshot Update - Demo Mode?

Legend
Legend

I've uninstalled and installed KeyShot about 4 times the past month, and not run into this issue. What about doing a SolidEdge install/repair to see if it fixes the license?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The KeyShot delivered with Solid Edge does NOT use standard KeyShot licensing. If he has a Classic or Premium license, then KeyShot will "just work" - there is no entry in the license file -- it is handled in code. So I would say its very unlikely (impossible?) that something happened to the license file. I assume he has Classic?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Community Manager

PS -- how is he "opening KeyShot" -- I'd try it from the ribbon bar in Solid Edge to make sure its calling the right KeyShot -- maybe he has a couple different shortcuts?

Dan Staples

Legend
Legend

"The KeyShot delivered with Solid Edge does NOT use standard KeyShot licensing. If he has a Classic or Premium license, then KeyShot will "just work" - there is no entry in the license file -- it is handled in code. So I would say its very unlikely (impossible?) that something happened to the license file. I assume he has Classic?"

I have Classic, and my Keyshot works on it's own. Looking at the Keyshot xml file, it states:

license<serial>KEYSHOTSOLIDEDGE</serial>

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Community Manager

I am not saying that KeyShot can't be launched standalone. What I am saying is that "KeyShot Solid Edge Edition" whether launched from SE or standalone uses the Solid Edge license file and looks for Classic and Premium. Any other license files, KeyShot or otherwise, have nothing to do with whether KeyShot runs or not.

Dan Staples

Legend
Legend

Thus why I suggested doing a repair/install of SolidEdge Smiley Happy

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.