Keyshot for SE doesn't accept Environment changes for imported animations

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

After exporting an animation from ERA, it works fine inside Keyshot, but when I try to change the Environment, for still rendering images it considers my changes.  But when i try to render an animation (no matter if is a set of frames or a video), my Environment settings (including the HDR file) get back to original.

Anyone else experienced this?

Is this a limitation of Keyshot for Solid Edge, or there's a problem with my files ?

P.S. already working with KS 5.2 (the last update available until now)

Regards

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
3 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot for SE doesn't accept Environment changes for imported animations

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

You have to save it as a new "camera view" in KS and it must work well!

Here is a video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Imics !

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, for simple animations of objects, it works fine here too.

I should have said that i was dealing with an animation including camera transitions (view orientations from Solid Edge).

On this case (and any other attempt to render an animation including camera movement from SE), i have my Environment settings '' locked '' (i can change it, but when it starts to Render, gets back to original).

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hi.

You have to save view and not camera, camera is an object and views are parameters like environment, initial point of view of you animation.

When you change your environmement, go to camera tab and look at view who must appears as (unsaved) save it and it will work.

Regards

Steve
Steve Fealinx