Keyshot gurus, quick material question!! Help Please!

I have a phone cable that I am rendering for a client and am having toruble in one aspect.  The cable has a braid around it that you can see the actual cable through.  I am having trouble getting the cable behind to show through AND coloring the actual braid the color I want.

Capture.JPG

I want the black to show as white or transparent to see the actual cable underneath.  I hace tried all of the settings and cannot get that black to change

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments
4 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot gurus, quick material question!! Help Please!

Creator
Creator

Not really sure how the part structure is done so hard to say, but you should be able to select just the black face and apply a transparent material, assuming the cable can be split into separate blocks.

If the black part is a sleeve with a braid texture, you would have to define the transparent color in the label settings.

The black part is part of the texture.  Its not letting the white show though.  And no where will it let me apply a transparent to the black part.

I finally got it though.  I had to size up my sleeve a little bit around the cable.  with the OD of the cable and the ID of the sleeve the same size, it didnt like it.  So i just upped my sleeve a little bit to create a small amount of space and it worked.

White &  Gold Cable.png

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments

MLombard
Retired

There might be an issue if the solids are intersecting. To be safe, you might even put a gap between the parts.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks awesome!

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development