Keyshot help

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what could be causing keysot to render this part with this odd effect; the image on the left is how the part appears in SE, and on the right is the keyshot render.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

10 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot help

Looks like a "scaling" issue with the Texture.

Or possibly with the lighting.  Is the part "grounded" ?

Maybe post the Keyshot "Bip" file and we can look closer.

Bob

Maybe the small thicknes cause a "mesh" issue, did you try to change the texelation size to something smaller ?

Not sure if the part is grounded, I just rendered with the defaults. A Bip file ius attached

Thank you

I've found a lot of settings, but Texelation has not been one of them.

Yes there is something wrong with the imported geometry that KeyShot is having problems with. Was this an Imported Part into Solid Edge, or did you model this in SE?

Can you post the original part...

Bob

This was a Solidworks file that I converted; I ended up deleting all of the holes and adding them back in ordered so I could pattern them. Part file is attached.

OK,

Here's what I did... I opened your part. "UNSURPRESSED" all the holes and saved it as a Parasolid.  Then I opened the Parasolid into Solid Edge, OPTIMIZED it, then saved it as a PART. Then in KeyShot I IMPORTED the Part instead of using the Macro in SE.

I know this seems ridiculous but these are the games we must do sometimes to get misbehaving geometry to read right.

I've attached the Parasolid translated PART for you.

Bob

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out with this, it seems that this is somewhat of a dark art. Now I need to ask what seems like a stupid question; You said that you imported the part in keyshot, do you mean you imported the PAR file? Using the import command in keyshot I only see support for bip & ksp file formats.

[ Edited ]

Yes... open a new Scene and use the Import command in KeyShot.

But I would also place a Tech support call into Keyshot, since there appears to be something funny going on with the Macro in SE.   If you try to open the import Para Part in SE it'll show up troubled as before.

The thing you might be running into is using a Sheet Metal part that has been "FLATTENED"  Maybe this extra Geometry hidsden inside the SM part is causing KeyShot to get more data then it needs.

Bob