Keyshot question about transparency

Hello all, I have a question about the transparency in the render options.

If I draw a mesh in 3D and open the file in keyshot the openings are indeed transparent.

However when I use a mesh from Keyshot the openings are not transparent, how can I fix this?

See the images below:

Keyshot settings.pngImage in Paint.NET.pngDetail Image in Paint.NET.png

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10
13 REPLIES

Re: Keyshot question about transparency

Apparently no one knows Smiley LOLSmiley Wink.
I will see if I can put the question on the Keyshot forum.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Not even 1 response on the Keyshot forum, it appears that no one knows it.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Legend
Legend

I'm not the one to answer your question, but I will ask a question. What area are you talking about not being transparent? I can't see any difference between the two screenshots, other than the background appearing to have mesh to it. As for your model, and the close up screenshot, I'm not catching the error you are seeing.

Maybe that's why nobody has offered suggestions?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

At the last image you should see a grey/white blocking on the right side of the orange hollow section, when you left of it you should see the mesh and larger white background.
If you see it different, could you upload an image?
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Phenom
Phenom

The mesh you see is to show the user this is transparent. If you insert this in photoshop or equal, you can see things under/through that mesh.

The white you see is closed. If you place a layer with a color under this you don't see the color.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

MLombard
Retired

You know, this is one of those things. Software sometimes seems like magic, and people think it should be able to do anything. But people have to write instructions to make it do the stuff we dream up.

I think this is probably one of those things that we leave to Photoshop (which really is magic). If you're into free software, Irfan and GIMP can also handle it from a post-processing point of view.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

We have a slogan here at EMCÉ:

I cannot do any magic, for miracles you have to wait a bit longer.

But now to the point, as an engineer I don't want to use photoshop. That is something for our marketing department. But to reduce the amount of work for marketing department I was only asking if it was possible. There is a mesh in Keyshot that let you show items, or even a change in the background color, trough the part (or surface) but doesn't show it in the render image, that is just weird.

I will leave it as it is, it is not a Siemens issue. So I will not make an IR about it.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why dont you just render with the background you want so reflections, shadows and all are looking good ?? If you render with transparent backgrounds shadows and reflections will look bad in a different background.

True, that is possible. However it is for our website and the background is perhaps different than what I can make in the render (gradient for example).

The Marketing department will take care of the transparency in Photoshop, so I am done with the renders.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10