Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: LACK OF MENU CUSTOMIZATION FOR BLOCK/EDIT

Genius
Genius

OK folks, I did as I said. I just completed the re download of ST10. The BLOCK/EDIT/CUSTOMIZE looks the same and does not have the Block - Edit environment as a selection. But now I have my customizations back.

So Sean's suspicion re blame it on MS may well be the answer. But I guess until somebody fixes it, I'm going to live without using the BLOCK/EDIT command.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for attempting to help,

Ron

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@ronlatour,

That is good news...mostly.

But hold on...are you saying that you do NOT currently have the ability to edit blocks?

There are several ways to get there....like many things in Solid Edge.

1. double click a block in a draft

2. ST10_DFT_BlockLibrary_RightClick_Open.PNGRight Mouse Click the Block in your Library- Choose OPEN

ST10_DFT_Block_RightClick_EditBlock.PNGRight Mouse Click on a Block in an open Draft - Choose EDIT

Once you are in the block editor you will get the drop down list [Draft - Open Block] for customizing.

2017-12-20 (1).png

Not sure if this has been stated and I have just completely ignored it...BUT:

What is the actual command you want to add?, and to where to do you want to add it??

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP5] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Sean, my poor use of the language. Yes, I can BLOCK/EDIT in the conventional way. But it means using a RADIAL MENU that I'm not familar with. However, after the redownload, I did get my custom QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR that I had set up for BLOCK/EDIT. I don't think that I noticed it before. So, although the radial is strange, I may still use the BLOCK/EDIT when necessary.  This is really no big deal because, for me, I had hardly used this command anyway and only started using it a bit more in ST9.

Apparently, I'm the only one who has been affected by this problem, or the first to notice it.

Thanks,

Ron