Large number of steps to change text size in a BOM table - please tell me I'm wrong

Hello,

I'm working on an assembly drawing and needed to change the size of the text in the BOM table.  In older versions, it was only a step or two.  In newer versions (I'm on ST5) it takes a rediculous number of steps.  Unless I'm missing something, here they are:

1.  Click on styles

2.  Select Table

3.  "Normal" isn't automatically selected so you have to pick it

4.  Once that's selected pick pick "Modify"

5.  The "modify table style" box appears

6.  Pick the "text" tab

7.  The "normal" text style is not selected, so you have to pick it.

8.  Now pick "modify"

9.  "Modify text box style" appears

10. Pick the "paragraph" tab

11. Now you can finally change the text height.

I hope I'm missing something because if not, this is pure insanity.  The "enhancements" made to recent versions make the table more "powerful", but much less intuitive.  Text height used to be right in the first properties box.  Now it's buried behind a maze of dialogue boxes and redundant modification buttons.

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
2 REPLIES

Re: Large number of steps to change text size in a BOM table - please tell me I'm wrong

Kyle,

Funny, I was doing the same thing this morning and realized the same thing. I also couldn't re-size the Balloons either. As you say the "new features" are nice, but there's still too many tables and places to edit. Again this is an example of how programmers just don't get it.

Re: Large number of steps to change text size in a BOM table - please tell me I'm wrong

I just submitted an IR for this

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1