Solved! Go to solution

Leader questions

1. How do I create a multi leader in the drawing space? Can this be done for weld symbols? 

2. How do I create breaks or jogs in a leader line? Again can this be done to weld symbols?

7 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SW
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Leader questions

[ Edited ]

For multi-leader just select another leader line without a break line. Click on the object first and then the existing leader you want to add to. Once connected you can click on the node and slide it where required, like up next to the break line on the original if you use them.

For breaks/jogs, select the leader with a left click to highlight it. Once selected, hold the ALT key down and left click again to select a point along the leader where you want to add the break. Then select the node created and drag it where required. Likewise, you can remove a leader by holding the ALT key down and selecting the node to remove it.

HTH,

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

Just to clarify, the button you are looking for is the one that has a leader and a little plus symbol on it at the bottom row of the annotation tab. You can click on the object or the existing leader first. It figures out which end gets the the arrow automatically. Be sure not to click on the break line of the leader or you will get an extension line which you can't get rid of except by deleting the leader.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Hi!

I was reading about your solution to adding multiple leader lines to a dimension. But I could not still add them. I use NX 10. Can you guide me using a screenshot for the command?

Thanks a lot!

Nishant

Hi Nishant:

You can post the question in the NX Desgn forum so you get the answers for NX 10.

This is a Solid Edge forum.

~Tushar

You aren't Nishant from Geometric, are you? I suppose it is a pretty common name in parts of the world.

Using SE since V12, 2002

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the link!

Nishant

Yeah it is kind of common in India, but no I'm not from Geometric.